Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mayer Hawthorne & The County is That Deal!


Uh.
Mayer Hawthorne. Good 'ol fashion music. The boy can produce, spin, entertain and just plain 'ol SANG. He can sang so well to the point where he makes you do the stinky collard green face and fan him down with your hand. Stones Throw is a smart ass label. MHATC performed at Necto this past Sunday with Yoshi! What a show! I got there way too early and didn't know what to expect, but Yoshi definitely set the night off. His R&B hype man is the TRUTH!!! And his record: "The Talent Show" is great!

Then Hawthorne got on and just ripped it from beginning to end. And then ripped it again with an encore. When he did a doo-wop cover of M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" I think I slightly urinated on myself and maybe even shed a single tear. (Like the Native American in the littering commercial from the 1980's) Amazing. I am a Mayer Hawthorne cheerleader all day and all night. If you have any sense you will buy his shit. "I Wish It Would Rain" is straight baby making music. (I think I'm pregnant right now, just thinking about it)

He was supposed to spin this weekend at Bosco, but it has been rescheduled to May 28 upstairs @ Ronin in Royal Oak. My girl Angela will be behind the bar so tip her well and dance your ass off.

2 comments:

  1. soo... uhhh... you urinate in your pants too, ehh? LOL!

    sorry. i couldnt pass up on a chance to recognize that you just typed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I'm not going to lie. Good Music sometimes results in incontinence.

    ReplyDelete