Tuesday, March 24, 2009

NEW MUSE TUES! (Doom, Camp Lo, J-Ro)

It's New Muse Tues!!!! Yeaaaa!! I have lots to go over today!!

Well I had this really big long track by track review of Camp Lo's New Album: "Stone & Rob Caught on Tape" with features from Pete Rock and Styles P. But I couldn't find it...so here's the nitty gritty. ( I have been waiting forever to review this!)

1. 2 Dope Boyz: Weak opening for a release from dudes who haven't put anything out since I was in college. Cool Kids could've done it better.

2. Gotcha: (feat. Tyler Woods): Sexiness!!!!!! Sounds like some classic Motown shit... definite track for the slow jam mix tape! I am the biggest sucker for sexy and romantic rap jams!

3. On Smash (feat: Styles P & Pete Rock)...First few words are "5,000 boomin' Watts...", but Camp sounds like about 15 boomin' watts. Leave Styles and Rock on this only it would be a banger.

4. '89 of Crime (feat. Herron): eh. Ded Prez did it better

5. Pips: Old School camp-a-lo-a vibe. Ok

6. Ticket 4 2: Probably my favorite on the whole record. Smooth and mellow. Good make out song!

7. After the Marv: This is a decent track. Kind of lazy. I'd like a remix with Danny Brown and Marv Won on it. \\

9. Sky Hi: Yea they did this after the smoked a fatty. That's about the tall and short of it.

10. Regulate (feat Yahzara): I liked this one when Wu-Tang did it first as Gravel Pit or when the Roots did it on every song they've ever featured a female artist on.

11. Diamond Crookz: I approve this song if it is the theme song for a collabo shoe with Diamond Supply Co. & Crooks/Castles.

13. Hold On (Feat Jungle Boogie Brown): Good track. Decent lyrics. Finally. Most non lazy track on the whole thing.



Tell me you didn't want to be in this video when you saw it!



Born Like This: (Doom, the artist formerly known as MF Doom)
Production: MF Doom, J Dilla, Jake One, Madlib & Mr. Chop
Release Date: 3.20.09


MF Doom is a pretty original cat so I always look forward to what he has to put out. I will have to say that he didn't let me down from the unique standpoint. I think that this one is worth the buy for the hip hop heads. You definatley won't hear this on the radio, but you'll probably hear this in my whip. Album gets 3 cupcakes with chocolate mousse filling.

Gazzillion Ear: I got a really good feeling when I heard the Dilla sirens go off.

Yessir (feat. Raekwon): Beat is retarded! Good combo of classic Wu & Doom madness

Rap Ambush: probably my favorite track on the album. I think MF Doom is a Haiku genius. I want to hear a remix with Danny Brown and Guilty Simpson.

Lightworks: Now this is one of my favorite Dilla beats of all time, so I was a little skeptical as to what was going to happen after my girl sings her hook "the name of the game is lightworks". Then nothing happened! It was just the beat. hmmm. Maybe I just heard a teaser?

Angelz (feat. Tony Starke): Now some of you know that 2 of my top 5 rappers are in Wu Tang. (Method Man was my #1 for quite sometime) But now the undisputed hip hop heavyweight that owns my musical wet dream is Ghostface Killah. The beat on this joint is B.A.N.A.N.A.S Classic Pretty Toney joint.!!!!!!

SuperVillianz (feat Kurios, Mobonix, Slug & Mr. Chop) : Now keep in mind that I review this as I go. Straight from the hip. I don't take time to mull it over. You get my immediate reaction. Sometimes I hate shit from the jump and I keep it that way. Sometimes things grow on me. I mentioned that Angelz was my favorite on this one, but I may have to change my mind and go with SuperVillianz. Definite head nodder on this one. It made me want to write a 2009 screenplay for the remake of Beat Street. "Beat Street: Back on the Block"


Hidden Files: (Havoc of Mobb Deep)
Production: (Havoc)
Release Date: 3.19.09


It's the M-O-BB, Well at least only 1/2 or I mean 1/3. (I think Alchemist is a HUGE portion of Mobb Deep). Now before I get into the review...wasn't Havoc on dateamillionaire.com or something??? Anyway, his debut album is ok. But why did it take so long for it to come out? I think this would've done much better in 2000. I mean shit! There's even a track on the album called "The Millenium". The features are kind of wack. If you are going to do features, make them count. Don't waste your money on youngsters who have no weight in the game. (Hi Cassidy!) I couldn't quite put my finger on what was missing....oh yes I can, Prodigy. This would've even been better as a mixtape on all Alc beats.

Rare Earth: BBoy Funk Volume 2 (J Ro of The Alkoholiks)
Production:
Release Date: 3/19/09


I was going to review this but I shut the shit off after the first track....geeeewwwww

No comments:

Post a Comment