Wednesday, March 25, 2009

NEW MUSE TUES is O.D.ing (DIPSET!)


I can't believe I went through a whole New Muse Tuesday without reviewing Jim Jones' "Pray IV Rain" that came out yesterday. Overall...yes I Like it. I will buy it. But some tracks are kind of lame....Track by Track. Blow by Blow. Enjoy muhfuggas.

1. Intro... and I quote "I'm a mother fucking gangster"
2. "Pulling Me Back"...super ghetto. super grimey. He says "telekinesis" Thumbs Up!
3. "Let It Out"... not sure where he got the beat from, but I like it. Probably the most grown up shit I've heard from him. It's a pretty heart felt track
4. "How to Be A Boss" (Feat. Ludacris & NO E")... Didn't let me down on this one! He mentions Ferarris! I love Jones' swag. LOVE IT!!! "Murder, Cash, Cars, Hoes"
5. "Medicine"...Ok I don't like this one...Punanny is his medicine. Yea, this track is kind of wak.
6. "Frienemies"...This is my favorite word "Frenemy"...this track is now my theme song. Typical rap joint...rappin' about how you don't trust anybody. But I'll drink the Kool-Aid.
7. "Precious" (Feat. Ryan Leslile): ooooo. mommy likey! This is the reason I LOVE Jim Jones. Romantic rap jams and songs about how pretty I am! Love it!!!!
8. "Blow the Bank" (Feat. Oshy): ok....I don't understand why "na na na" was the second single!!!! This song is a banger!!!!! 2 step smash!
9. "This is for My Bitches". I would like this song if it wasn't called "This is for my bitches" and the hook didn't go "This for my bitches all around the world, straight up sexin"
10. "Girlfriend" (Feat Juelz Santana...Eh! & Oshy). Pop Champagne. This one is pretty funny.
11. "This is the Life" (Feat. Starr) ...Once again why was Na Na Na the second single? Starr is a crooner! Unintentional shout out to Burn Rubber.
12. "My My My" (Feat. Rawana)...at this point in the CD, I am pretty sure the beat is the same....on each track just sped up or slowed down
13. "Pop Off" (Feat NO E & Mel Matrix...whoever they are). I am CONVINCED this was originally ghost written for 50.
14. "Pop Champagne" (Feat Ron Brownz & Juelz Santana...eh!).
15. "Rain" (Feat. Rell, NO E, Starr)...WHAT? Jim Jones is inspirational??????? Not bad!
16. "Na...." I will not comment on this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment