Thursday, March 12, 2009

Save A Lot But Do A Whole Bunch of Shit.


I work in Southfield at an Ad Agency. Not your typical ad agency... but an agency that specializes in shopper marketing. Basically we learn the ins and outs of the shoppers brain and help our clients meet their shoppers needs! With that being said, I am the perfect employee because I am a shop-a-holic. Shoes, hat, lotion, batteries, music and groceries! (If you don't know by now I eat a ton!)

Anyway so they opened this new grocery store across the street from my building, called "Save-A-Lot". It mentions nothing about food or groceries, but alas it is a grocery store.

This place is ridiculous. I realize how you save so much, because they make you do ALL the work.

1. You have to bring in your own cart. Which means you have to hunt one down (in the pouring rain if need be) and bring it. There is actual signage that says "Please bring in your own cart". There is no corral for these things so it's like the crocodile hunter. The sign might as well have said "Getchyo own cart bitch"

2. The aisles are made of these weird shelves. Kind of like the shelves I put my shoes on in my closet but much taller.

3. There is random placement of everything...Q Tips, Aim Toothpaste, and Junior Mints are all in the same aisle.

4. There is name brand nothing everything is named after these weird companies, or brands you only find at the dollar store! Oddly enough they have Lactaid. (Lactose Free Milk) (*Serious Note: Southfield is primarily an african american community and lactose intolerance is common among african americans. Save A Lot is in Southfield...hence the Lactaid) But can a bitch get some Figi????? How about some Tropicana OJ? I ended up with "Crisp" Orange Juice.

5. You have to buy your own bags. What is this Ikea? Costco? Noooo! It's Save-a-Lot. They were .20 a bag.

6. There are no bag boys....no conveyer belt at the end gently gathering your avocados and pineapple. It's a motherfucking shopping basket. And the cashier makes you bag it yourself! What? I even asked her for help...she pushed my tampons about 2 inches closer to me.

This store gets one licked and burnt cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment